Vistamar School's strategic plan is a road map for our ongoing work as a school that empowers students and prepares them to contribute and excel in higher education and in life. In keeping with our mission, we will continue to challenge the status quo and maintain our innovative approach -- not reinvent the school, but grow and innovate for the future. Our commitment to best practices in education remains the cornerstone of Vistamar’s mission.
To develop this strategic plan, we engaged our entire community in the process, with input from all our constituencies, including alumni and alumni parents, current parents, current students, faculty, and staff. These perspectives were critical to the process to ensure that our entire community had an opportunity to help us identify ways the school can and should improve in the future.
The project was chaired by Board of Trustees member, Carla Buck, and Head of School, Chris Bright. The work was guided by a strategic planning committee (SPC) whose job was to consider the input we receive from all sources and recommend a set of strategic priorities to the Board for adoption as our next Strategic Plan.
Members of the SPC
- Co-Chair: Chris Bright, Head of School
- Co-Chair: Carla Buck, Board Member and parent of alumni
- Princess Baltimore, Board Trustee & Current Parent
- Adele Cadres, Executive Assistant to the Head of School
- Darlene Fountaine, Board Trustee & parent of alumni
- Jason Gregory, Assistant Head of School
- Stu MacFarlane, Board Trustee & parent of alumni
- Sandy Montalvo, parent of current student
- Sarah Older-Aguilar, Chair, Humanities Dept.
- Sydney Reiner, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer & parent of alumni
- Kris Rone, Board Chair & parent of alumni
We are thrilled to share the plan with you.